ELA gyroplanes are the reference in respect to performance, e.g., ultra short take off runs, manoeuvrability and cruising speeds typical of other aircraft.
Current uses are progressively embracing areas other than mere sports flying. In fact, worldwide tasks include fire surveillance, fumigation, border- and traffic-patrol.
Their easy handling and low operational costs make it a very attractive machine for public services, police or even the military.
Major advantages are:
- High manoeuvrability, due to their ability to fly laterally, effective control and slow flight.
- Very short take-off distances, due to an efficient pre-rotation system.
- Possibility to fly at very low speeds since there is no risk of stalling or spinning.
- Possibility to descend vertically since the rotor will never stall due to its autorotation
- Possibility of rapidly changing flying speed
- Extreme short landings (0 to 10 meters)
- Possibility of flying at stronger winds and turbulence compared to fixed-wing aircraft
- Simple maintenance and low operating costs.
- Has small footprint, therefore easy to stow and to transport by road.
USES FOR AUTOGYROS
ELA Gyroplanes efficiently preform different types of air work in various areas.
Touristic flights: Flying package tours and adventure tours organized by tourist offices, sight-seeing flights, flights over monumental sites, natural attractions, etc.
Aerial photography and film: having a tandem arrangement with a semi-open cockpit allows simple capture of photography and film images.
Fumigation: The ELA 07 Agro autogyro is currently the only autogyro specifically designed for fumigation work. Key sugar cane enterprises in Central America use the 07 Agro to fumigate their fields.
Surveillance: Without doubt, the gyroplan is the ideal machine to preform surveillance work due to various reasons: Pleasant and easy to fly, superb visibility due to the tandem arrangement in an open-air cockpit, vast flexibility in airspeeds, large stability even in strong winds or flight through thermals.